Our tips for reviving stressed-out strands
Who We Are
Standard Dose is a venture-capital backed multi-brand CBD and plant-based wellness experience dedicated to the pursuit of elevated wellness through natural healing practices. Discovering and harnessing the restorative properties of plants, our platform represents a curated selection of the most effective and trusted products.
With a commitment to sharing the benefits of plant-based wellness, our product offering includes a range of over 100 ingestible and topical remedies for anxiety, pain, inflammation, sleep, and skin care ailments.
Join us @standarddose
Standard Dose believes in the power of nature, authenticity in brand practices, and the culture of transparency. With a collaborative workspace and the belief in individual empowerment through knowledge, Standard Dose encourages the challenging of ideas and open conversation within the team to better serve our community.
Openness + Flexibility
Welcoming opportunities as they come and not being afraid to walk down unexpected paths. Adapting to strategies as they change even if we don’t understand why. Being a cooperative team player even if we don’t agree with the current strategy.
Ownership + Discretion
Taking something and running with it. Not waiting for permission or for someone else to pick up the slack. Feeling empowered to make the call and execute. We should never be afraid to learn from our experiences.
Safe + Transparent Communication
Speaking up with no fear that our words will be shut down, dismissed, or judged unfairly. If something bothers us, we know we can bring it up and be heard. We don't beat around the bush or passive aggressively communicate to make a point. We are transparent and direct because it is most effective and we feel safe to do so.
Passionately working together to discover, strategize, communicate and deliver results in a unified effort. Championing big ideas and leaning on each other’s strengths to make the ideas that excite us most, realities.
Curiosity + Exploration
The learning should never stop. We encourage curious minds and questions that lead to solutions, listening before we take action, and taking feedback that propels us forward. Stopping half way is not an option — there are always other avenues to explore and consider.
No Toxicity + Egoless Intention
There will be no tolerance for toxic behavior, and we actively discourage a blaming culture, shameful language, and unfair comparison. All of these stem from fear and insecurity, which will prevent us from moving forward in a unified direction.
We are looking for a passionate, resourceful and enthusiastic Office Manager to join the Standard Dose team headquartered in our NYC office. You will be in charge of ensuring our office is operating efficiently and smoothly. Your goal should be to take any task off of team members that may otherwise pull them away from their main role and responsibilities. Your duties will involve greeting visitors, responding to incoming phone calls and guests, handling office related issues as they arise, purchasing office supplies and taking proper inventory, and supervising our office staff to ensure maximum productivity.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Manage bookings of the conference room and/or photoshoot studio
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Work with Head of Culture to develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Assist with office layout planning for events, team activities and/or office rearrangements
- Manage office waste & recyclables, ensuring it’s put out on trash days
- Manage office budget with Head of Accounting/Finance
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements
- Respond to any issues or “fires” that need putting out during the day
- Provide necessary breaks for retail staff (ground floor) if they are alone on the floor
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining space availability, doing research as needed, and creating reports
- Bachelor's degree or some college coursework preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities