Who We Are
Standard Dose is a venture-capital backed multi-brand CBD and plant-based wellness experience dedicated to the pursuit of elevated wellness through natural healing practices. Discovering and harnessing the restorative properties of plants, our platform represents a curated selection of the most effective and trusted products.
With a commitment to sharing the benefits of plant-based wellness, our product offering includes a range of over 100 ingestible and topical remedies for anxiety, pain, inflammation, sleep, and skin care ailments.
Join us @standarddose
Standard Dose believes in the power of nature, authenticity in brand practices, and the culture of transparency. With a collaborative workspace and the belief in individual empowerment through knowledge, Standard Dose encourages the challenging of ideas and open conversation within the team to better serve our community.
Openness + Flexibility
Welcoming opportunities as they come and not being afraid to walk down unexpected paths. Adapting to strategies as they change even if we don’t understand why. Being a cooperative team player even if we don’t agree with the current strategy.
Ownership + Discretion
Taking something and running with it. Not waiting for permission or for someone else to pick up the slack. Feeling empowered to make the call and execute. We should never be afraid to learn from our experiences.
Safe + Transparent Communication
Speaking up with no fear that our words will be shut down, dismissed, or judged unfairly. If something bothers us, we know we can bring it up and be heard. We don't beat around the bush or passive aggressively communicate to make a point. We are transparent and direct because it is most effective and we feel safe to do so.
Passionately working together to discover, strategize, communicate and deliver results in a unified effort. Championing big ideas and leaning on each other’s strengths to make the ideas that excite us most, realities.
Curiosity + Exploration
The learning should never stop. We encourage curious minds and questions that lead to solutions, listening before we take action, and taking feedback that propels us forward. Stopping half way is not an option — there are always other avenues to explore and consider.
No Toxicity + Egoless Intention
There will be no tolerance for toxic behavior, and we actively discourage a blaming culture, shameful language, and unfair comparison. All of these stem from fear and insecurity, which will prevent us from moving forward in a unified direction.
We are looking for a Junior Creative with a discerning eye and elevated aesthetic who can visually bring the Standard Dose brand to life across print and digital mediums. We are a lean team in a quickly-evolving industry, so someone who can conceptualize a billboard, execute design for a pitch deck, design and develop a newsletter, all while analyzing and resolving design challenges will thrive in this role.
This is an opportunity to work with a fast-growing startup in NYC and influence the creative vision within CBD and the larger plant-based wellness space.
Design & Production
- Work across a variety of media including print, digital, and social
- Design and execute both print and digital materials including marketing emails, digital banners and presentations, social content, print collateral, and store signage.
- Create accurate production files based on approved style guides and/or front-end development requests
- Photography skills a plus
- Broad range of design skills to work across digital, print, and social media\
- Ability to work within a team and independently on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of printing principles: scale, sizing, and resolution
- Ability to think and execute quickly in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail and incorporating feedback
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for design and creative problem solving
- Motivation, decisiveness, efficiency, and dedication are musts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of brand or advertising design experience
- Online portfolio and samples of work
- Advanced proficiency with all aspects of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Keynote
- Proficient retouching skills
- Understanding of branding, typography, retail design, and package development
Job Type: full time